Some of you may have noticed I’ve been better about posting the last few weeks. In fact, I’ve been better about a lot of things! I have my ups and downs, and I’m sure I’ll be unmotivated again. In fact, I was a bit today. But this time feels different. I’m consistently getting doing productive things every day. Most days I get a lot done, but even on days when I’m not feeling well, either mentally or physically, I get one or two things done. I’ve been writing more, drawing more, showing up on twitter, and blogging on time. I’ve even started studying languages and reading for fun again.
The downside to this newfound productivity is that it’s a huge juggling act. Every day things get pushed aside because something else is more important. That’s normal I suppose. It’s just frustrating because I have so many plans (mostly writing related) and I still have to add some other things into my routine (one at a time), such as other social media sites and networking for my other blog.
I remain optimistic, however. I’m slowly chipping away at my list of Things I Want To Do. For now, here’s a list of writing-related plans for this blog:
- Resume Whimsical Whatnots on the first Thursday every month (this is set to happen next month!)
- Resume my A-to-Z stories every other Tuesday starting July 5th
- Start serious world-building and characterization efforts for my fantasy series and occasionally share them here
- Sometimes write about poetry, which I’m currently trying out
- Possibly a long term interview exchange project with other writers (it’s being set up; we’ll see.)
So it’s been a good month so far, and I feel optimistic going forward. I even taped a list of things to focus on (writing, twitter, art, etc.) to my wall and every day I go through it and start with whatever category has something time sensitive and then try to hit the categories I didn’t hit the day before.
Does your life often feel like a juggling act? What are your favorite tools for handling it?